I wanted to take a moment to keep you informed and up to date on our overall status and plans. I know many of you along with myself are waiting in anticipation of the Governor’s announcement scheduled for Friday evening. There is a possibility that he will make a statement allowing for pools to open. We have heard nothing in advance of what any of you have seen on your media outlets. We have spoken with with the health department and they too have heard nothing more than we have.
We have tentatively scheduled a permit inspection for Friday that will be totally dependent upon the weather between now and then (Rain, clouds the pool and makes chemicals difficult to balance among other things). One thing I want to ensure everyone is informed of is:
We will not be opening this weekend regardless of the Governor’s statements and whether we are successful in obtaining our permit.
The reasoning for this is that we will need time to ensure that we have a solid plan in place to address any restrictions/guidelines that the government requires.
As always I thank you for your understanding and will ensure that we communicate to keep you updated and aware.
President, Angier Recreation Club
The Pool Board has met to discuss options for opening this year with the arise of the novel Coronavirus. Monday all Members will be mailed the following letter: